Thursday, July 22, 2010


TV commercials... some are great, some are just plain stupid.  I suppose even the stupid ones get you to remember the product being advertised, so I guess they've served their purpose in attracting the buyer's attention.

There is a set of commercials here for a local car dealership that are just soooo annoying!  They are the typical low budget type where the dealer himself (and in this case a couple of his associates) talk about how they have the best deals of anyone around, yadda, yadda...  At the end of each commercial the guy says... "It's gonna be HUGE!"  Only he pronounces it huuuuuuuggggguhhhhh.  Soooooo annoying!!  But yes, it sure does help you to remember that if you're in the market for a car, his dealership offers great deals.

There are a few commercials on TV these days that really tickle me whenever they come on.

First are the Wal-Mart commercials with "Mr. Rollback."   I just love "Durrell"!!   When he says... "Mr. Rollback likes ice cream"  it makes me smile.  :-)

Then there are the new Kraft Mac & Cheese commercials.... the ones with the kids talking to the camera as if they were the adults and their parents were the kids.  I especially like the one where the kid has been sent to the stairs for time out during dinner... "Sent up the river on trumped up charges while my dad scarfs down my mac & cheese... classic."   That just cracks me up!!  LOL

Finally there are the Hillshire Farms commercials... the one with the kid auctioning off his smoked turkey sandwich at school lunch time... "Going once, going twice.... SOLD to the lady up front with the pony!"... the one with the guys grilling in their back yard and chanting to each other... "I said a beef hot link, I said a beef hot link, I said brat, beef kielbasa, hot smoked sausage, cheddarwurrrrst!"  (Yes, I have them memorized!  hahahahaa)

Oh... and who could ever forget.... "Time to make the doooonuts" and.... "Where's the beef?!?"  Classic!!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Here in Las Vegas we have a guy who is either English or Australian who owns a Dealership. He is absolutely so annoying that I will switch channels while he is on. So, I can sure understand your ire.
    Regards,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will sometimes mute the sound when the "HUGE" guy comes on! LOL

    ReplyDelete